Our Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Evaluation is a neurodevelopmental assessment which has been specifically developed to accurately establish the presence or absence of ASD. Our assessment includes measures considered to be the current standards in the evaluation of ASD and may include instruments such as the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2). Our ASD Evaluation will provide a diagnosis, rule out other causes, and consider the possibility of coexisting conditions. Extensive recommendations for help and support are also provided. We assess children as young as 18 months through adulthood.
When to Consider Evaluation
If you are having concerns about your child’s social skills, unusual behavior patterns, language development, or sensory issues then you may want to consider an ASD Evaluation. Specifically, areas of concern may include persistent deficits or delays in social communication and social interaction (i.e. not developing the normal abilities or demonstrating interest in social relationships with family or peers), restricted, repetitive patterns of language, behavior, interests, or activities (e.g. repetitive speech or motor movements, strict adherence to routines or extreme resistance to change, highly restricted interests that are excessive in intensity or focus), and over-reacting or under-reacting to sensory input.
Components of our Assessment
Developmental, educational, medical, and family history
Review of medical and academic records
Multiple behavioral surveys and rating scales from home and school
Classroom observation if indicated
- Cognitive/intellectual functioning and abilities (verbal and non-verbal)
- Social functioning (interest and competence)
- Developmental functioning
- Language and communication skills
- Adaptive functioning
- Behavioral and emotional functioning
We are available to consult with school personnel, physicians, and others as needed. We will participate in school meetings at your request and provide you with professional referrals when appropriate. In addition, follow-up clinical services, including social skills development, executive function training, individual, parent, and family counseling, are available through the office of Dr. Jeffrey A. Fine Associates.
- Call at 215-860-1144 ext. 0
- Speak with Dr. Fine to help you determine the type of evaluation that will best fit your needs
- Dr. Fine will then direct you to one of the experienced doctoral level licensed psychologists on staff best suited for your needs who will perform the evaluation and advise you throughout the process
- At the feedback session your psychologist will conduct an in-depth discussion, providing you with an understanding of your/your child’s needs, as well as thorough, specific, and useful recommendations
- You will receive a comprehensive and detailed written report